Essential Introductory Knowledge 1
To give participants an understanding of the organisation, how it is structured and operates, and how advertising, and newspaper advertising in particular, work.
Programme Learning Outcomes:
- I can name the key departments within the organization and explain what the role of each one is
- I can describe the issues on which the advertising department have to work with other departments
- I can explain the stages in the process between getting an order for an ad and the organization getting the money for it
- I can explain the major sources of advertising revenue for my region / publishing centre / title (trainer edit as appropriate)
- I can name the biggest advertiser and advertising category in terms of revenue for my main publication / publishing centre (trainer edit as appropriate)
- I can check an ad to confirm whether or not it is national
- I can explain my responsibilities in my current role
- I can explain my responsibilities in respect of the target process
- I know who to go to in the team / department when I have a question or concern
- I can describe different styles of newspaper advertisement
- I can explain what an advertising agency is and why they exist
Prior Learning /Competencies Required by Participants:
Slides with complete Trainers Notes
Exercises with instructions for use
*ESSENTIAL INTRODUCTORY KNOWLEDGE (1) has been developed for use with print and online products.
If you would like a similar Programme for use with a different media channel please contact us.