The New Business Call for Field Salespeople
To enable delegates to prepare for a new business call and to be able to use sales support material to strengthen their calls.
Programme Learning Outcomes:
- I can identify the information I would like to have before making a sales call to a non advertiser
- I can interpret information from the new business lead and use it to help me plan the call
- I can prepare questions to enable me to fill the gaps in my knowledge when I make contact with a new potential customer
- I can identify the decision maker in a business that does not advertise in our products and use a range of techniques to establish contact with them
- I can explain the differences between a new business and a regular advertiser call and how they affect the way I need to handle it
- I can adapt my basic selling skills to a new business call
- I can judge the appropriate point to end the call to a potential advertiser
- I take the appropriate follow up steps to convert the call into business
- I can use a media pack, testimonials, visuals to strengthen my case in a face to face sales call
- I can explain what kinds of testimonials are available
- I can explain what kinds of visual I can use
- I can create a visual myself when needed
- I can choose a good copy of a newspaper to present
- I can demonstrate the newspaper or a website effectively during a face to face sales call
Prior Learning /Competencies Required by Participants:
Slides with complete Trainers Notes
Exercises with instructions for use
*THE NEW BUSINESS CALL FOR FIELD SALESPEOPLE has been developed for use with print and online products.
If you would like a similar Programme for use with a different media channel please contact us.