Knowing Your Products
To consolidate and extend participants' knowledge of their products and organisation
Programme Learning Outcomes:
- can describe the makeup of the distribution / circulation area of all the main titles published by my centre.
- I can explain the distribution / circulation area of all other titles published by my centre.
- I can explain to an advertiser what packages (print and multi media) are available in the area and what each one costs and delivers.
- I can explain the page sizes, paginations, column widths and colour makeup for any title published by my centre.
- I can explain to an advertiser our Recruitment specific products and services, how they work and what they deliver for them.
- I can explain to an advertiser the editorial topics and how they are covered, and the key editorial contributors of each title published within my centre.
- I can describe the products produced by other centres within my organisation which impact on and relate to my centre and my area.
- I can explain the key operational and strategic differences between my publishing centre and other centres within my organisation which impact on and relate to my centre and my area.
- I can explain the purpose and key functions of jobs within my publishing operation and how they relate to and impact on advertising.
Prior Learning /Competencies Required by Participants:
Participants should have attended, or be able to demonstrate the competencies defined for Essential Introductory Knowledge.
Slides with complete Trainers Notes
Exercises with instructions for use
*KNOWING YOUR PRODUCTS has been developed for use with print and online products.
If you would like a similar Programme for use with a different media channel please contact us.