Selling in a Competitive Environment
To develop participants' ability to sell their own media channels in a competitive mixed media environment
Programme Learning Outcomes:
- I can explain the position of each major UK medium in terms of advertising revenue, growth and share
- I can explain what advertising formats the advertiser can buy on other major media and how they are priced and bought
- I can use information about the audience size, profile and trends of other major media to help me to sell my own media channels
- I can use an understanding of the strengths and weaknesses of other major media to help me to sell my own media channels
- I can explain to an advertiser how other major media works as an advertising medium and how this differs from my media channels
- I can explain whether and in what way it is appropriate to compete or to pitch to complement other major media.
Prior Learning /Competencies Required by Participants:
Participants should have attended, or be able to demonstrate the competencies defined for My Print Products and Their Competitors.
Slides with complete Trainers Notes
Exercises with instructions for use
*SELLING IN A COMPETITIVE MARKET has been developed for use with print and online products.
If you would like a similar Programme for use with a different media channel please contact us.